The ACFOLA Board of Directors has rescheduled the Special General Meeting(SGM) and the Annual General Meeting(AGM).
The rescheduled Special General Meeting(SGM) will be on January 21, 2017 (at 2 PM at Pathways Bldg, 239 Clarence Street) dealing with the President’s Report and Financial Reports.
The second rescheduled Annual General Meeting(AGM) will be on February 25, 2017( at 2 PM at Pathways Bldg 239 Clarence Street) to elect a new 9 members of the Board of Directors, 3 members of the Judiciary and 3 members of the Audit body.
A VOLUNTEER Director of Elections for the AGM(as per Article 20 of the ACFOLA Constitution) will:
1. Develop the process of electing 9 members of the Board of Directors, 3 members of the Judiciary and 3 members of the Audit body; as per articles 17, 18 & 19 of the ACFOLA Constitution
2. Declare all positions vacant and issue a call for nominees to fill all the positions
3. Vet the candidates as per provisions in articles 17, 18 & 19 of the Constitution
4. Oversee the Elections
5. Declare the winners and install all the officers into office
Please refer TO the Constitution of ACFOLA on our website, http://www.acfola.ca/about/constitution-of-acfola/
Office of the Secretary
Dear Members of ACFOLA,
This is to notify you that due to a lack of individual members quorum, the SGM on Constitutional amendment that was to have taken place on August 13, 2016 has been re-scheduled.
The re-scheduled SGM will be held on August 28, 2016 at 2 PM at Pathways on 239 Clarence Street.
Please note that even though as per the ACFOLA Constitution quorum is not necessary for a re- scheduled SGM, your inputs matter and therefore we look forward to full attendance on August 28, 2016.
Office of the Secretary
In accordance with Article 14 of the ACFOLA Constitution, ACFOLA Members are hereby invited to a Special General Meeting for the purposes of deliberating on and adopting constitutional amendments, which can be reviewed by clicking here or visiting the constitution page under the about dropdown in the website’s menu.
As a gentle reminder and in accordance with the Constitution, only members in good standing will be eligible to vote. You are therefore urged to renew your membership before or by August 13, 2016.
Notice of ACFOLA Special General Meeting: August 13, 2016 at 2:00 PM at 239 Clarence Street
The 2016 ACFOLA BBQ is fast approaching! Come join us August 6th for another great BBQ event at Springbank Park. $7.50 for adults, $5.00 for children, or only $20 for families.
There will be traditional African Food, BBQ, games and raffles! Don’t miss out!
Hosted by ALIKE -Kitchener and UCLAL – LONDON
Soccer & kickball matches, featuring Lansana Kromah and Prince Wright
Starts at 12pm at the Dorchester Arena
Dinner & Party, Keynote speaker is John McCarthy
Doors open at 7pm, party ends at 2am
Ticket Cost $20
Position Project Assistant
Type Summer Student
The Project assistant would under the supervision of the Executive Director or the Project Manager carry out the following duties:
Offer support by completing office assistance to the community outreach coordinator and to other Office personnel
In addition, the successful candidate may also be asked to undertake duties to support committees at ACFOLA, such as:
- Attend committee meetings and assist with planning activities.
- Work in collaboration with other staff at ACFOLA.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in:
- Written and oral communication.
- Use of IT
- May 25 to September 3rd (Up to 16 weeks)
- Number of Hours per Week Requested: 37.50 hours
11.25 per hour plus standard vacation pay and benefits.
- Great Work Ethic
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program, university
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible.