Position Project Assistant
Type Summer Student
The Project assistant would under the supervision of the Executive Director or the Project Manager carry out the following duties:
Offer support by completing office assistance to the community outreach coordinator and to other Office personnel
In addition, the successful candidate may also be asked to undertake duties to support committees at ACFOLA, such as:
- Attend committee meetings and assist with planning activities.
- Work in collaboration with other staff at ACFOLA.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in:
- Written and oral communication.
- Use of IT
- May 25 to September 3rd (Up to 16 weeks)
- Number of Hours per Week Requested: 37.50 hours
11.25 per hour plus standard vacation pay and benefits.
- Great Work Ethic
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program, university
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*Foreign students are not eligible.